What to Expect on Test Day
Here’s everything you need to know about Test Day:
- Applications are completed by parents & students, and turned into the front office
- On test day students are called to the front office, where they are told it Drug Free Clubs test day and they are told where to go for testing.
- The student arrives at the testing area, signs in, and is handed their application back (it has the parent’s signature as a consent to do the test that the collectors will need to see)
- The applicant sits down at computers or tablets to create their online DFCA account and take an anonymous survey.
- Photo taking is the next station, where the student’s picture is taken and gets linked to the account just created.
- On to the bathroom. Students show their signed application to the collector, and go in the bathroom alone. After filling a sample cup ½ way, they leave their sample in the restroom and come out to let the collector know they are finished.
- The collector completes a medical form with the student, and gives them a hall pass. There is no indication of any test result and the collector does NOT need to be told about any prescriptions.
- Students end their test day at a goodie bag station, filling a lunch bag with treats. Schools are highly encouraged to allow students to eat their treats in class in front of the other students so they all know this person was just tested so it’s not even worth trying to offer any substances.
- Parents are contacted regarding any samples where the lab confirms the presence of substances. Prescriptions are verified and/or conversations are held about what was present.
- In about a month ID cards arrive at school welcoming students into the club who passed their drug test and rewards begin! As a part of Parents also receive letters at home congratulating them on their child’s acceptance, and urging them to talk to their teen about this membership.